There is many a good tune played on an old fiddle.

  • Warning! Elderly Person Blogging


    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



  • My Life and Times

    I was born in 1939 BC.
    That’s ‘Before Computers’.

    Luckily I survived the following events in my life, such as

    World War II, The London Blitz, Rationing, and worst of all… Archbishop Temple’s School.




    During the mid 1950s I was enjoying Rock ‘n’ Roll and being a first generation teenager, when suddenly, just like Elvis, I found myself in uniform during ‘The Cold War’…and then




    I became ‘a family’. Which meant that I sort of missed the ‘swinging sixties’, but still managed to look a complete prat in the 70s, just like everyone else.




    During the ‘Thatcher Years’ I lost my hair and a lot of people lost a good deal more. My career fluctuated to say the least as I was demoted, promoted, fired and hired a number of times, but still I managed to stagger on into a welcome retirement and to celebrate 56 years of happy marriage.

  • January 2008
    M T W T F S S
    « Dec   Feb »
  • Meta

  • RSS Validated.

  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 572 other followers

  • Advertisements

Dare to bare in the air.

Posted by Big John on January 30, 2008

I’ve never really understood the urge to go starkers in public, for although the naked human body is nothing to be ashamed of, I’m certain that most of us look far better with our clothes on.

OK, so I can understand that for some people it may be nice to swim in the warm waters off some sun-kissed beach with their ‘bits’ floating free, but I can’t see the attraction of shopping in the buff in some naturist resort supermarket with those same ‘bits’ dangling in the ‘pick ‘n’ mix’: or holding a barbecue which could give a whole new meaning to, what I believe the Americans call, a ‘weenie roast’.

Now talking of sausages, can you imagine boarding a plane and being confronted by a load of ‘knackwusts’ belonging to a bunch of bollock naked fat German tourists ? … Well it could happen if you are heading for the Baltic resort island of Usedom, for one German travel company is to allow passengers to remove their clothes during the flight.

Can you imagine hearing …  “Please fasten your seatbelts gently” … followed by … “taking extra care  …

…    with your pubic hair !”  😮  


5 Responses to “Dare to bare in the air.”

  1. Like you, I see nothing wrong with public nudity in principle, whatever I might feel about showing off my own less-than-perfect anatomy for public amazement or ribaldry. However, as you also mention, there are matters of hygiene. Not that some people’s clothes are necessarily cleaner than their bodies but one can hope.

    Whether we think it reasonable or not, our society does feel uncomfortable with nakedness other than in certain controlled circumstances. Maybe that inhibition will disappear in time and, if so, general nudity can be allowed in joyful innocence. Until then, I think we need to avoid giving offence.

    A planeload of naked tourists, of whatever nationality, certainly gives pause for thought. Presumably, they have to dress again before leaving the plane and progressing through customs and passport control. One wonders what the point of it is but if it makes them happy and all agree, why not?

    As for what one might call “professional nudists”, those who meet together for the purpose of taking their clothes off, well, good luck to them too, but I have never felt the urge to emulate them. It seems such a fuss about so little.

  2. Betty said

    Ew. A Planeload of nudists. I guess it’s all right to go around in the altogether before the pull of gravity takes over. But, at a certain age, I say, “Put it on. Put it all on!”

  3. Ginnie said

    Admittedly some “bits” are more appealing than others…but that goes for about 2% of the population. With my luck I’d be stuck on a plane with the other 98%…myself included.

  4. Oscarandre said

    That’s an image I would rather be rid of, thankyou, John.

  5. Terri said

    Yeah, I think I’ll pass on that image. Sounds a bit grotesque to me…..not to mention probably pretty chilly.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: